Privacy is becoming more and more important in modern homes, architecture and design. More people are security-conscious, working from home and travelling than ever before, meaning that they’re looking for more and more solutions to protect that privacy.
One of the easiest and most cost effective ways to protect your privacy, whether you’re at home or at work, is privacy window film. So, what is privacy window film and how does it work? Let’s take a closer look at what it is, how it works and what it can do for your privacy,
Understanding privacy window film
Privacy window film is a versatile and modern alternative to traditional window coverings like blinds and curtains. It’s designed to obscure the view from outside, providing privacy for your interiors without blocking out the natural light. With some types of privacy window film, you can see out, but other people can’t see into your property, protecting your security but letting you stay vigilant.
Privacy window film’s used in both residential and commercial settings. It can be used in homes, offices, storefronts and restaurants – anywhere that you need to protect your privacy or the privacy of your space.
Types of privacy window film
The other great thing about privacy window film is that you don’t need to compromise on the style and aesthetic of your property. Window film comes in lots of different finishes to fit in with your style, or the branding of your business.
Here’s some of the types of window film you can choose from:
- Privacy glass frosting film – this makes your glass look like frosted glass so light can still get into your property.
- Decorative frosts – these have patterns to obscure the views into your home but make your windows into a feature.
- Patterned glass film – suitable for all types of properties, these patterned glass films help to shield your home while still looking great.
- One way window film – this looks reflective from the outside, but you can still see out from it and it lets light into your home or business.
- Partial privacy glass film – this partially obscures views into your property but means you can still see out and light still gets in.
- Total blackout film – this can make glass completely opaque and comes in black or white, depending on how much light you want to block.
Privacy window films come in different finishes, sizes and adhesion techniques. You can get them in any size and totally customise the design depending on the needs of your home or business. You can get the right one for your home or business, however specific you want to go.
How privacy window film works
Window film is a thin self-adhesive or static cling material which is designed to adhere to the surface of glass. When it comes to privacy window film, micro-louver technology and reflective coatings help to ensure visibility from the inside while obstructing the view from the outside.
With partial window film and decorative film, it uses patterns and different opacity of window film to obscure areas of the window without completely blocking your visibility or light. It also adds a feature that looks amazing in your home or business.
Here’s why window film makes sense when it comes to privacy and adding it into your home or office:
- Better privacy and security – by obscuring your contents and space from view it can stop opportunists from seeing into your property.
- UV protection and glare reduction – some window films actually obscure glare and UV rays from getting into your space, reducing heat, glare and furniture fading.
- Energy efficiency and insulation – you can use window film to keep heat in your home without obscuring light.
- Aesthetic enhancement of windows – the window film patterns and designs that are available can truly enhance the look and feel of your home, turning them into a feature rather than something that’s just functional.
Applying window film couldn’t be easier. You just need to prep the glass by cleaning it thoroughly, make sure your window film’s cut to size correctly. Then you wet the glass with a simple slip solution, apply carefully and then squeegee away any bumps or bubbles. You can find video tutorials of how to apply self-adhesive window film.
Customisation and aesthetics
Privacy window film isn’t just about functionality; it’s a design element that can enhance the aesthetics of a space. It’s completely customisable so you can create the designs and patterns you want in your property, in any colours you like, so you can completely tailor it to match your specific interior style.
Whether you prefer a minimalist and clean look, you want to fit in with a period property or you’re into a more ornate and decorative approach, privacy window film can transform plain windows into focal points in your home or business. You can choose from frosted or textured patterns that mimic the look of etched glass, opt for elegant geometric designs or even add a splash of colour to brighten up your space. With such a range of design options, privacy window film can seamlessly blend with any decor, breathing new life into your interiors while protecting your privacy.
Privacy window film is a modern and versatile solution that addresses the growing need for privacy in today’s world. With Purlfrost window films, you can enjoy enhanced privacy without having to compromise on the aesthetics or functionality of the film in your living or working spaces. Privacy and style, in perfect harmony.
Shop privacy window film and find out how it can work for your space. If you’re not sure what the best option is for you, you can always speak to our team of experts.